Situated on Cours Saleya, the so-called Chapelle de la Misericorde (Chapel of Mercy) enjoys a privileged location in Viex Nice, close to both Opera de Nice and the Cathedral of Sainte Reparate.

It is a Baroque structure built in the mid 18th century, between 1747 and 1770, by the design of Bernardo Vittone. It is a triumphant embodiment of the Baroque style, reflected both by the fa├žade of the building and by its interior layout and decorations. Starting with the elliptical nave and ending with the chapels which border it, everything inside is designed in the spirit of the curvy lines so characteristic of the Baroque.

Due to the artistry with which the interior of the chapel was decorated, the edifice was declared a national monument in 1921. At present, it is entrusted to the religious order of the Black Penitents of Nice.

Name:
Chapelle de la Misericorde
Address:
7, Cours Saleya, 06000, Nice, France
Telephone:
0033 04 9200 4190
Fax:
0033 04 9200 4195
Email:
penitentsnoirs.nice@laposte.net
Website:
www.nice.fr

7, Cours Saleya, 06000, Nice, France

Go to top