The Anglican Church of Nice is dedicated to the Holy Trinity, and it was built between 1860 and 1862 in order to service the community of Anglican believers which started to grow in Nice since the mid 18th century once the British aristocracy discovered the tourist potential of Cote d’Azur. The current Anglican Church replaces the former parish church built in the 1820s to the same purpose, the age when the Anglican cemetery was also laid out.

It is located a short walk from Promenade des Anglais, and it marks the surrounding area with its Neo-Gothic appearance. Some of the highlight of the interior refers to the beautifully colored stained glass windows of the high altar, to the Lady Chapel frescoed with an Annunciation scene, copy of one of the works of da Vinci, and to the mildly lighted sanctuary.

Name:
Anglican Church
Address:
11, Rue de la Buffa, 06000, Nice, France
Telephone:
0033 04 9387 1983
Fax:
0033 04 9382 2509
Email:
anglican@free.fr
Website:
www.anglican-nice.com

11, Rue de la Buffa, 06000, Nice, France

Go to top